Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've really got to get better at this blogging thing. So first, a quick pregnancy update....I am nearing 24 weeks and surprised at how quickly time is flying. The past couple of weeks have been exciting for Jeff and I because I have just started being able to feel the baby kicks on the outside of my belly, and now I can see them sometimes too! Jeff finally caught her at the right time last night. It's such an amazing experience, but still a little weird. There really is a living person residing in my belly.

Second thing, the Sugar Bowl. What can I say? The game was AWESOME! Of course watching the Tide/Nick Saban/the SEC get rolled on tv made me sad we weren't there, but with the baby coming and the fact that the price of going to New Orleans for a weekend was about the same as what we spent on an entire week in Costa Rica made it a wiser decision to stay home. We did go to the parade downtown last week and it was so much fun! So many people were there and it was just so cool to see all the support and feel the excitement about the team. I already miss football. With Jeff and I having spent a large part of our lives loving basketball, we keep saying how weird it is that we are way more into football these days and basketball season is a little bit of a letdown.

Lastly, Jeff and I decided not to get each other gifts this past Christmas, and instead got ourselves something we can both enjoy.....new bedroom furniture! It was long overdue, since what we had was his bedroom set from his high school days. So we got a new canopy bed, 2 nightstands, 2 dressers, and new California king pillowtop mattress! Our new quilt came yesterday so now our bedroom is finally complete! If only we could say the same about the nursery....

3 comments:

katie k hymas said...

oohh... i love your new bedroom furniture and i'm totally jelous! Our bedroom furniture is hand-me-downs from one of my friend's grandma when she passed away. It's pretty bad, totally 70's style. Yours looks great!

Enjoy your little kicks and be grateful you get to wear scrubs to work, it saves a lot of money on maternity clothes!

saxby chambliss. said...

keep me updated with how your pregnancy is going! i am sad to not be around for such an important time of your life.

and also - holy crap. i can't believe that's your bedroom. what awesome improvements! that looks really really good! green walls wonderful furniture. looks lovely.

Jana said...

I LOVE your new bedroom! What an awesome place to relax...it's so soothing. Hope all is well with you and baby. I've got a new grandbaby...check him out on my new blog page! If I may say so, he's beautiful. :)