Friday, December 26, 2008

It's a girl!!!!!

So I'm a really bad blogger, but with all the last-minute Christmas preparations we've been really busy. I didn't even get Christmas cards out, but maybe I'll get some New Years ones sent. Anyway, on Friday the 19th we finally went for our big ultrasound. The biggest news: we're having a GIRL!!!

We are so excited! Everything looked perfect, and we are so grateful that everything has been going so well. Our little girl weighed 11 ounces and measured at 19 weeks, 6 days (I was exactly 19 weeks on the u/s day) so things are coming right along. I was just thinking about our little picture we got of our embryos, and how strange it is that just 4 months ago, our baby was a microscopic little thing, and now she is a little human being, complete with arms and legs and everything else. How nice it is to finally be able to refer to our baby as a "she" instead of an "it". Now the big debate will begin between Jeff and I for baby names.....

3 comments:

Traci said...

so exciting!!! Awesome pics too~ Congrats to such a fantastic friend!

The Johnson Family said...

Yay!!! That is so awesome!! Hope you are feeling good and glad to hear the baby is doing well!! Congratulations, you will love having a little girl!

The Tracy's said...

Wow! So excited for you guys. I'm glad that I found your new blog through Laylas. I keep clicking on your old one to find out how the pregnant gitl is and no one is there. Keep us posted. This blog thing is a great way to keep in touch. So happy for your news.
Love
T