Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November fun

I have officially entered into the 2nd trimester! Can you believe it? I can't believe I have made it a third of the way. Yet May still seems wayyyyyyy far away. The good days are becoming more frequent now, although I still have the occasional bouts of emesis. The newest and funnest thing that I have discovered is our Sonosite at work. It is an ultrasound machine, really meant for finding blood vessels for central line placement, so the picture quality isn't the best, but it still gets a fair amount of use from pregnant nurses. Here I thought my baby would be too small to see, but last week we decided to give it a go, and there was my little bean! It looked like a real human being, complete with a head, arms, legs, and I think I could even make out tiny little fingers! It was so amazing! Obviously from the first ultrasound I had at the doctor's office (which you can see in my posting below), you can't make out anything, so this was my first real look at a miniature person. I called Jeff and he came in at the end of my shift. It was so funny, he and I ultrasounding my belly with a handful of nurses I work with. It was so cute to see how excited he got....he called his parents and his sisters right there. We sat there and watched the baby bounce around and stretch for a long time, and I am so amazed that I can't even feel any of it. I know it will be soon enough that I will be wishing for it to stop kicking me in the ribs. But I still can't wait! Now it's so tempting to take a peek every time I work, but I've got to practice some restraint. We won't find out the sex until my December appointment, which should be the week before Christmas. It won't come soon enough, because I am itching to buy stuff!

The other fun event in our lives this past week was the U's victory over TCU! What a great ending to an otherwise frustrating game. I am so excited for our last home game, the big rivalry! And I don't want to hear any trash talking either! Jeff and I were looking on stubhub.com to see how much seats near ours were going for, and they were $950 apiece! Holy crap! We could pay for our season tickets, with a little extra to spare. But would we? Not on your life. We are going to a BCS bowl! And we wouldn't miss it for the world!

5 comments:

Todd and Layla Hardy said...

I see your giant head stretching out that beanie. You better not wear it anymore...

Jaime said...

I think you must be the biggest Utes fans ever! I would of sold my seats in a heart beat!! Almost $1000 bucks each, WOW! GO UTES!!! I want in on the ultrasound action next night shift we work together. It's so fun to see the little babies kickin' around in there!

The Johnson Family said...

Oh don't even go there- you know I will always give you CRAP for being a crappy Ute Fan! You might be my homey but that is one issue where I'll kick your butt. Or I'll just have my 350 lb.-BYU-lineman-husband sit on your head. Come on Jen, come to the good side!

The Johnson Family said...

Oh by the way, and more importantly awesome update on the baby!!!

Kathee said...

I LOVED seeing the little kung fu fighter on ultrasound. Thanks for sharing with me. We saw the best pics and it was totally a real baby!!! I am so excited for you, hopefully you will feel him/her soon!