Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2nd appointment

It's time to update the blog again. It's sad...now that I have to think of material for an update, I realize how boring my life is these days, thus the long lapse! Besides work, my days basically consist of laying on the couch. My life is still being run by 24-7 nausea and fatigue, so unless you want to know how many times a day I've been throwing up, you'll have to settle for few updates. I'm really counting on feeling better in the 2nd trimester, since according to everyone that's when you feel awesome. I'm going to be really upset at you all if you've been lying to me.

Anyway, I am nearing 11 weeks, and my due date is May 15 (I forgot to mention that in the 1st post). Also, we will be delivering at St. Mark's. Today we had our 2nd appointment with Dr. Watts, who by the way, is the best OB in the world---I love him to death. After last time, I really wish we could have an ultrasound with every appointment, but we did get to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler, and there it was at 165 bpm. Jeff laughed at me when I said, "It's still in there!" but besides feeling like crap all of the time, how do I know? I mean, of course I know it's still there, but until I can feel it move and I start looking like a house, it still doesn't seem real. Thank goodness for the Sonosite at work....it really is meant for finding veins for central lines, but all the preggo nurses use it for the occasional free ultrasound! I can't wait til the little bean is a little bigger so I can use it too!

I guess that's it for now. Oh yeah, one other highlight of my life....the Utes are still undefeated! And not BYU! I can't wait for the game vs. TCU on 11/2! Go Utes!!!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Jen,

I sure hope you start feeling better soon! Check out your countdown widget, according to it you should be pregnant for about 4 years!!!

katie k hymas said...

Hi Jen,
i can so empathize with how you are feeling, one word... ZOFRAN!!!! it really is a wonder drug. i can't remember if I left you our blog link before or not...
www.hymasfam.blogspot.com

good luck surviving your last few weeks of trimester 1... it really does get better!

janhad3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.