


In August, we did our first round of IVF. What a long and arduous process! Everything went very well for us and we transferred 2 very good embryos on August 26. On September 7, we went in for my blood draw to see if we were pregnant, and then we waited the LONGEST 4 hours of our lives until the nurse called and said, "Congratulations!" I just started bawling, I couldn't believe it! Jeff thought I was nuts.
Today we had our much anticipated first ultrasound and we were pretty nervous about the chance of twins and of course hoping that everything is going ok. I think we were both relieved and maybe just a bit disappointed that we saw one precious little baby instead of two. (I wondered if it was LeBron James or Deron Williams, as Jeff named our 2 embryos.) We both immediately noticed it's little heart beating away and it was the most amazing thing! Then, just as I was asking my doctor when we would be able to hear the heartbeat, he turned on the volume and there it was, loud and clear! It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. It just makes this all seem so much more real. There really is a tiny little life living and growing inside of me! I am so grateful that we finally have this opportunity to have a baby of our own, to start a family together. It has been a long, and often heartaching road, but during these 6-1/2 years, we have both learned so much and have had so many opportunities to do things that we wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. My heart has never been so full and happy for the miracle that we have received and I am so grateful to so many of you, our dear friends and family, that have been giving so much support, praying for us and cheering us along throughout this process.
8 comments:
Yeah! I am so glad that you joined the blogspot world! Congratulations on the baby, that is such exciting news! I hope that you are feeling good. I am so excited to keep up on your growing family!
Yeah! Congratulations, I'm SOOOOOO happy for you and so glad things FINALLY worked. I've thought about you lots and am so glad you will get to be a little mommy, it's finally your turn. Good luck with the pregnancy! Love ya tons, katie hymas
Hello Jen and Jeff!
We are so happy! We wake up every day with a new look at life and go to sleep at night so grateful for this miracle. We can hardly wait to meet him/her.
Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and the process. You are terrific parents already, truly valuing this precious life.
Congratulations and love,
Bruce and Dorothy Solomon
Mom and Dad
There is nothing like the hum of your baby's heart beat. I couldn't be more excited for you guys. You'll be amazing parents!!
What great news for you two (three)congratulations.
hooray!!! jen--couldn't be happier for you! so glad things are going well. hope you're feeling a little better with zofran :) hang in there!
Jen I am soooo happy for you! I know you have waited for this for such a long time. I know you two will be fabulous parents. I was almost in tears reading your post. It was so sweet. I hope you are feeling better!
Welcome to parenthood!!! Glad to see your blog and can't wait to watch and see how the baby is growing and how YOU and Jeff are doing.
Post a Comment