Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm 30 and still alive!


Ok, so after dreading my 30th birthday for so long, it turned out to be fantastic! I have the best husband in the world, who made it so special for me. For the weekend, Jeff reserved the presidential suite at Johnson's Mill, a bed and breakfast in Midway. The grounds there were so beautiful and everything was so nice! My family all stayed the weekend there too. We had so much fun just hanging out together. I loved it so much. On Saturday, Jeff's family also came up, and all of us crammed into our suite to watch the Utes destroy SDSU. On Sunday, my actual birthday, we sadly all parted ways and Jeff and I went home and took a nice birthday nap, and then we got a very relaxing couples massage and ate at my favorite Chinese restaurant. On top of all that Jeff did, he also got me some really nice maternity jeans, which I needed, but yikes! I am in this awkward stage right now where most of my jeans are kind of uncomfortable, but then I feel like the maternity ones are a bit too much. This is definitely unfamiliar territory for me. Anyway though, thanks Jeff for making my 30th a memorable one! I had a great time! And a quick baby update: I had an appointment today, everything looks great. The big news is that I got to schedule my ultrasound to find out the sex! Woo hoo! It's not til December 19th, and I think I might die in anticipation! But at least it's scheduled.

1 comment:

katie k hymas said...

Happy birthday... Clark and i have been wanting to go stay at Johnson mill for a while now. I'm jelous, maybe for our anniversary. glad you had a great time. Give into the maternity jeans, you'll thank yourself they are waaaayyy more comfortable!